Saturday, September 29, 2012

Princesses for the day!

It was a GRAND day!   We got to see princesses, be princesses and have fun ALL day long!

Madelyn and I headed out bright and early to meet Memaw and Virginia at the Tulsa State Fair for Disney on Ice!  The best part - featuring Rapunzel!  Oh my, Rapunzel, on ICE SKATES!!!!

We weren't there for two minutes without having to get a Rapunzel sno-cone.  Who cares that it is only 10:00 AM, a sno cone is NEEDED!!


We HAD to get our picture in the lego Cinderella carriage.


She made out like a bandit - Miss Virginia bought her a light up wand, she got the program guides to take home, her Rapunzel cup and of course, the Rapunzel braid.... how can you not get that one?


I think my favorite part of the whole day was watching her face when she saw the princesses for the first time!


At one point, I asked her if she needed to go to the bathroom.  She insisted she did not, I was not convinced so I asked her a second time with a "Are you sure?"  She looked at me and said Nona, I am singing with Cinderella, I don't have time right now.  LOVED IT!

She was in awe of the whole thing.  We saw Tiana first, then Cinderella and then Rapunzel.  At the end all the princesses came out in their beautiful dresses and there were even fireworks.  The minute it was over, she told me she wanted to see it all again!



After the show, we headed out to get some lunch and check out the fair!

This is one of my favorite pics from the day!

We went to the petting zoo, got to pet a LOT of animals.  The deer tried to eat Memaw's shirt, twice!  Madelyn told her that her shirt was just too tasty!  Madelyn got to pet a kangaroo, goat, sheep, pig and she looked at the llama, but he was WAY TO BIG!  She didn't like him at all.  I didn't get any photos of her with the animals because she had a death grip on me after the goat poked his head between her arm and her body right after we got in there.  She liked them, but just wasn't sure enough to let go!

We checked out the expo building, saw the Indian dances and drum ring and then she wanted to go to the sheep barn.  It was a wonderful day and I can't wait to take her again!

On the way home, all the excitement caught up with her and she napped for a while.  Then she had to try on her new braid.

Everyone should have their own Rapunzel braid!

I just love that girl!