Wednesday, September 12, 2012

How do you deal with stress?

Stress plays such a HUGE factor in our lives, if we let it go unchecked, many problems can arise. I am battling this now and these few things help me.

Working out - this has always been a good stress reliever for me, right now I am limited to easier workouts, walking, stretching or yoga.  But nothing like a good sweaty workout to change my thinking and attitude!  It was suggested to me to do a prayer walk, this is one of the BEST things I have done!  I get to be outside in the sunshine and just pray about whatever pops into my silly brain!  LOVE IT!

Meditation and praying - just focusing on the positive things in my life and asking God for help to get through the harder stuff makes me feel better!  I'm going to make a great space just for this. Peaceful and relaxing!  There are some great ideas on pinterest!

Talking with a friend - what better way than to chat with a friend about what is going on.  This always helps me and gives me a new perspective on things.



Keep a journal - writing down our feelings is a great way to release whatever is causing the stress.  I keep a super cute notebook and keep track of my food intake ( good to see if certain foods make me feel better or worse) to-do list and how I am feeling each day!
It helps if your journal is a cute one!



Take a bath - I find this very relaxing and calming.  I usually take a good book and read and add in a few essential oils or baking soda.

Music - for me, nothing is better than some uplifting and fun music and dancing around the house!  This is my happy playlist right now.  These songs just put me in a better mood EVERY, SINGLE TIME!!



Take a nap - I know this seems weird, but sometime we are so overworked and exhausted that a little power nap just helps.  You don't have to take a long nap, even a 15 -20 minute rest will make a huge difference.

Of course if you can change the situation or the stressor, then by all means - DO IT!  If certain people are causing the problem, do what you can to not be around them.  Sometimes we just can't get away from whatever is causing our stress, but trying these tips should give you some relief.

The most important thing I have found is to LISTEN TO YOUR BODY!  Rest when you need it, drink plenty of water and eat healthy, healing foods!  It will make a difference.

How do YOU deal with your stress?  Any special tips?