Thursday, September 6, 2012

no words

I really don't have words to describe my day yesterday.  Brian and I were in one of the most beautiful places in the United States, Niagara Falls, however we found out about the passing of our very close friend.  In just one phone call, all that beauty fades.

We were on a bus tour when I got the phone call and to say that we were in shock is an understatement.  I mean, we had just spent part of the weekend with Craig and Hermina, how could this be true?  Of course then you question, why?  While I don't have that answer, I am trying to rely on faith that some day I will know it.



We had to finish our bus tour and then we bailed on them when we could rand walked back to the hotel and loaded up and headed home.

We have been friends with Craig and Hermina for years, actually met at our kids' daycare.  We've watched each other's kids grow up and they are also our travel buddies.



Craig is one of the most caring men I have known.  He loved his family, truly and deeply.  He was such a faithful friend and a blast to be around.  Oh, the stories I could tell....

I ask that you pray for the Doubledee family, they will have a tough road ahead of them in the coming days.

Craig will be missed by many and our lives will never be the same.

RIP my friend.  We will see you again!