Wednesday, September 26, 2012

It's Fall Y'all!

The weather is getting cooler, the leaves are starting to turn and of course, the pumpkin spice latte is back.  It's definitely Fall Y'all!

Does this make you happy or sad?



I'm a little of both, I LOVE summer, but I do like fall too!  What I don't like is what comes after fall - winter!  But for now, I'm going to enjoy the cooler weather, the opportunity to wear my favorite scarves and boots and get some wonderful outdoor activities in.



Brian has started playing golf every morning.  He walks 9 holes and gets his exercise in as well as some "guy" time!  Since I am still resting my adrenals, I am doing a lot of walking.  I so enjoy watching the seasons change.  The trees are just getting started changing here.  Some trees are so pretty and others haven't even started to change.  I will try to get some photos today of the pretty foliage!

Another thing I love about fall is soups and stews in my crockpot.  I absolutely love using my crockpot.  It just makes everything so much easier.  Just put all the ingredients in and forget about it until the house starts smelling sooo good!

This week I made lentil stew and today I am making black bean soup.  I usually make the black bean soup in a pot on the stove, so I thought I'd see how it turns out in the crockpot.



What is your favorite part of Fall?