Monday, October 1, 2012

Trash Cancer!

What a great weekend!

Saturday was my #Trash Cancer party!  We had a blast, tried some delicious food and then learned how to lessen our chances of getting cancer.  Reduce toxins, make our own cleaning supplies and great recipes!  I got my kit from Trash Cancer for free for being one of the first 1000 people to sign up and let me tell you, they did a fantastic job.  Everyone went home with a goodie bag with some toxin-free cleaners and LOTS of information!

The gang (minus Robin, she had to leave a little early)

The food
Pumpkin Brownies, white bean hummus w/ veggies, sparkling apple cider, Kale soup
YUM!

The goodie bags and our homemade cleaner supplies


Sunday was spent in Grove with the in-laws.  While it is hard to see the decline, we treasure each and every moment we can spend with them.  You just never know when your time is up on this beautiful earth!  Then last night my dear friend Doris was driving through town and she stopped to see me.  We met up and all I can tell you is - I MISS THAT GIRL!  So glad we got to spend a few minutes together!  We decided that we haven't see each other for 2 years. That is horrible!!





Today is the first day of October.  This means fall, this means a new challenge for Missouri Fit Club.  If you want to join in the fun, let me know.  This is a private group on facebook and we offer encouragement, support and fun challenges and of course, accountability.


I started a new workout program today - Tai Cheng.  I think it is going to take a little getting used to, a MUCH slower pace than I usually do.  No jumping around like a wild woman, slow movements, but my legs were shaking.  Static holds mean muscle use in a different way for me!  This is going to be good, absolutely NO impact!  Perfect for this time in my life!



I've also decided that since I have a cookbook addiction ( I may need an intervention, I ordered 2 more last night...) I need to use them more often.  So, since there is 31 days in October there will be 31 new recipes I will try.  One per day....  Could be as simple as a juice/smoothie or a full meal deal!  This will be fun! I'll share with you each day what recipe I choose so you can play along if you want!

This is just one of my bookshelves in the kitchen.  I have another one in the kitchen and another one in my library and one at the lake..... see I DO have a problem!
Happy October!