Monday, September 24, 2012

School Days!

 Kids have been back to school for a while now. Even though I don't have kids in school anymore, I thought I'd share a few memories of my kids school days.



When Chase started school, we lived in Joplin.  As our first child and as we were soooo young, we were all nervous together.  Chase was such an easy-going young man.  He was excited to start school, but a nervous Nellie!  He loved school and he got to walk to school since we lived so close.  Luckily, Stephanie ( an older cousin) lived nearby and they could walk together to school.  He LOVED school and couldn't wait for the weekends to be over.

When Nick started school, we lived in Carl Junction and he wasn't so sure about going.  He wanted to stay home and have fun playing all day.  But, he had friends in his class and decided that it would be okay if he went.  I do remember that some of Chase's friends had told Nick that his teacher was a witch.  He was so scared and cried and cried one day before school and said he didn't want to go.  I couldn't understand what his problem was and of course, MADE him go to school.  I was in tears before the morning was over.  Luckily, one of my friends was a teacher and called me later in the day to let me know that he was doing fine.  I didn't find out about the friends telling him about the teacher for a few days.  Those rotten little boys!

Jake's second day of kindergarten was pretty funny.  The first day, we took the boys to school and helped them find their new classes, the second day, they rode the bus and Jake decided he was NOT going to get on the bus.  The other boys just hopped on and Jake started running around the yard, refusing to get on the bus.  Chase jumped off and was going to walk Jake to the bus, but Jake kept running around the yard.  It was so frustrating at the time, but now I can laugh about it.  I finally told the bus driver to go on.  We lived on a pretty busy road and the traffic was backed up and we were all chasing Jake around the yard.  I can only imagine what that excitement looked like to someone else! Luckily, we had a VERY understanding bus driver.  God bless all the bus drivers!

I can't forget Miss Madelyn's first day of preschool.  She is growing up so fast!




I don't really remember my first day of school.  I do remember walking to school with friends and that I made some lifelong friends even in the first year of school.  I'm so thankful for those people in my life now!

Do you have a favorite school memory?  Yourself, your kids or your grandkids?  Please share with me!