Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Blue September

As many of you know, Brian was diagnosed with prostate cancer in January.  We are in a holding pattern and if you want to read more about our journey, click on the link above The Fight of Our Lives.

I recently found out about Blue September.  Please take a moment to read through their website and if you feel like it, please donate to prostate cancer research.




Blue September is about men facing up to cancer in men!

The idea behind the use of the color blue is simple – blue is for boys – so it’s time to Get BLUE America!
 
Blue September is a campaign created to get the message out about cancer in men. It aims to raise awareness among all Americans about this devastating male cancer and urges men to take preventative action by improving lifestyle choices and getting a regular check with their GP.
  • In 2012, more than 240,000 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer
  •  In 2012, more than 33,000 men will die from prostate cancer
  •  One new prostate cancer case occurs every 2.2 minutes
  • A man dies from prostate cancer every 15.6 minutes
So let’s face up to prostate cancer this September! Show your support by painting your face blue and raise awareness and funds to save lives!
Blue September on Facebook, Twitter and You Tube.


Every Friday in September is "Blue Friday"!™

On Blue Friday we encourage you to paint their face blue, wear something blue and fundraise to face up to cancer in men.
I will be posting my blue face as soon as I get to the store and get my blue!!  I only wish I had found out at the beginning of the month.
This weekend is also my Trash Cancer party.  I'm excited about this one!  We are going to learn how to make our own cleaning supplies, avoid chemicals and even get a new recipe to try out!  I'm looking forward to sharing it all with everyone!
My kit came in the mail over the weekend.  It looks so cool!

Check out Trash Cancer! on facebook, twitter and on the world wide web!


It is so important to educate ourselves about how to prevent cancer.  Eating right, exercising and what we put ON our bodies is just so important.  If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.  I will help in any way I can.  We CAN win this fight!