Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Talk to the hand!

I always seem to have the best titles for blog posts in my head at inopportune moments.  I think I'll just have to start writing them down.  I can be creative, it just isn't at the most convenient times.  I always tell people that I have CRS (Can't Remember Sh**).  If I don't write it down, I won't remember!

So, for now you will be stuck with boring blog post titles :)

My bum-bum is sufficiently worked out, I know that it will be sore later today.  It seems that soreness sets in about 24 hours later and usually lasts 2 days for me.  Do you have that same reaction?

Are you reading your nutrition labels?  This is such an important step in being healthy.  Food manufacturer's are sneaky.  You may think you have a single serving, check the label for the calorie content and not see that it is actually 2 servings.  Take that calorie content times 2, as well as the fat, sodium, and all other facts. 

Check out this webpage for a great article about understanding and reading food labels.


Here's my food from yesterday:

Shakeology - Choco-Cherry-Licious - YUMMINESS!!!

Lunch was salad bar at Ruby Tuesday's.  Love their salad bar, so fresh and yummy!


Dinner was a chili burrito.  whole wheat tortilla filled with homemade refried beans, brown rice and soyrizo with a little sprinkle of Daiya cheddar.  Topped with a scoop of veggie chili and vegannaise.  I really wanted a side salad with it, but am completely out of all types of lettuce.  Guess I'll have to fit a trip to the grocery store in today! Oh yeah, some blue corn tortilla chips and I threw on some salsa after the photo!

I needed some fruit in there today, but it didn't happen.  I really want some honeycrisp apples.  I'll be looking for those today too!  They are my favorite!!

Brian gets so tired of me taking photos of my food.  He really doesn't care, but gives me grief about it.  So, I snapped his photo at Ruby's.  This is what I got!


Discussion:  Do you read food labels?