Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Fit Club Tuesday!

I am so excited for the first Fit Club at the CJ Community Center!!  I can't wait to see everyone!!  We are going to have a blast, so if you are in the area, please join us!  TONIGHT @ 7 PM!!!

Bring a mat, water and a towel!  Try the workouts you've seen on the infomercials and see if you love them as much as I do!

I'm not sure what workout we will do tonight.  It is going to depend on who shows up.  We can decide as a group.  But, I promise, it will be fun!!

FIT CLUB RECIPE:

Bean Tostadas:

I made these last night for dinner. It took 10 mins.  Luckily, I had everything pretty much ready. 

I make my own refried beans - just cook the type of beans you like (or you can use canned) add a little vegetable broth and put in the blender or food processor.  Get it to the desired consistency.  Add in a little chili powder, salt and garlic ( jalepeno if you like it spicier!!)  Then heat them on the stovetop.

I used leftover salad for the topping - lettuce, tomatoes, onion, olives, cucumber, carrots, whatever you like on your tacos.  I like a LOT of veggies. 

Spread the beans on corn tostadas or you can use tortillas, top with the salad and then salsa and veggie sour cream or veganaise.

Since I am on a mission to really eat clean and stay on track for the next 30 days.  I am going to be posting my meals here.  If I don't - I want you all to call me out on it!!

I didn't take a photo of my breakfast yesterday, but I had a chocolate shakeology.  I know that will surprise you!!!

Lunch was veggie soup with wild rice and a slice of sourdough bread with Earth Balance


I also had a second slice of the bread and slathered it with homemade peach butter! (thanks Hermina!!)

Brian and I were going out to run errands, so I made a decaf chai latte with almond milk to take with us!


Bean Tostadas - there might have been a third......


bowl of homemade applesauce with a generous sprinkle of cinnamon ( again, thanks to Hermina!)

I didn't get enough water yesterday, so that is what I am focusing on today!

You might be seeing some of the same meals today - I have a LOT of veggie soup left!!


Be on the lookout for a review of Get-It-Done Guy's 9 Steps to Work Less and Do More.  The book launches today and I am really looking forward to getting it!  I love reading personal development books.  Brian and I are going to both give our opinions on it. 

Order your copy here!!!

DISCUSSION:  Do you read personal development books?  If so, what are your favorites?  I loved The Slight Edge and highly recommend it as well!  I may have to start a book club and we can all read our books together and discuss them!!  Thoughts?