Thursday, September 2, 2010

motivation matters

What truly motivates you to do something?  Money?  Rewards?  Fear?  Praise?  Acceptance?  Power?



Everyone is motivated by something different and in my case, my goals don't always have the same motivator.  So the big question is how to get motivated to do something.  In this case, let's focus on getting healthy.  We all know what we need to do, so why is it easier for some people? 

I find that in my fitness and health goals I want to feel, look and even sleep better.  I want to be able to fit into my clothes comfortably, have incredible energy and get a great night's sleep.  All of these are attainable with my workout and clean eating regime. 

So, I start off every challenge full of gusto and ready to go, but a lot of times, my motivation lacks and I want to have fun.  Then one little slip turns into a full week off and then it is really easy to just give up. 

I am determined to make it the full month with my challenge of working out daily, eating clean daily and getting great results.  What makes this one time any different?  Nothing really.  I just want to be able to accomplish this goal and share it all here with you.  So, I guess my motivator this time might be pride?  Prove to someone else that I CAN do it? 

I also find that if I put it out there for you all to read and see, then I am more motivated to stick with it! 

What do you do to keep motivated to stay on track.  This can be with any goal you have in mind.  I've been a little flighty lately, so I have to prove to myself that I can do this.  I WILL do this!

Share your goals here and what motivates you to stick with it.  Let's all put it out there and reach those goals.  It can be anything, doesn't have to be fitness related!  Please share!!