Monday, June 28, 2010

Fit Club Monday - Turbo Edition





I just finished my Turbo Fire 45 and Stretch 10 workout.  I am loving this workout.  Even though my back is still bothering me, I am burning calories like crazy - 411 calories and still buring as I type this!!!  I modifying a lot of the moves.  I know that I'd be burning even more calories if I could go full blast!  The music is really good, the workout is good!



So, on this Fit Club Monday, what are you doing for your workout?  Remember, even walking is a good workout.  Just be sure to do something.  If you don't love working out, then you just haven't found the right workout yet!  If you are looking to find that perfect workout, let me know.  I can help you find something that you will look forward to doing!


You guys know how much I love journaling and think it is so important, and imagine how excited I was when I saw that the deluxe version of Turbo Fire came with a journal!




I like that it is small enough to carry in my purse.  I'll have it with me wherever I am so there is no reason not to keep track of my stats!

If you'd like to order your own Turbo Fire, just click here!  Remember if you see the infomercial on tv, please order from my site.  It's the same price and you get to have me as your coach!  I'd really appreciate it!  That goes for all Beachbody products!

Recipe:

Eggplant Stacks

I didn't get these made to take a photo yesterday as planned, but I am having a girlfriend over for lunch and we are going to make these today!  So yummy!



1 eggplant - sliced fairly thick
1 yellow squash or zucchini (your choice) also sliced fairly thick
olive oil
1 jar prepared spaghetti sauce
Daiya cheese
basil

Brush the eggpland and squash slices with olive oil.  Grill the eggplant and squash slices for a few minutes on each side until close to being cooked completely.  I had to just saute them in a sauce pan today, the gas grill doesn't have any gas AAGH!


On a cookie sheet - layer the eggplant and squash slices with spaghetti sauce in between the layers. I like 3 layers.  2 eggplant and 1 squash.  Top with more spaghetti sauce and the cheese and chopped basil. 

Put in the oven - I like to broil them, but you could bake them, just to finish cooking and brown the top! 

So tasty!  Enjoy!

Discussion:  Do you shop at the farmer's market?  I love going each weekend and LOVE the fresh, local produce!!!!  What is your favorite item to purchase?  This week, we bought fresh bread, blackberries, green beans and new potatoes, corn on the cob and onions.  Gonna be a GREAT meal!