Saturday, June 12, 2010

a bad romance

I am breaking up.  I've had an unhealthy obsession with my scale for a long time.  I think it is a love/hate relationship and I'm going to finally put an end to it.



Dear scale,

I am so sorry that I have to tell you this, it is time for you to go!  I have wined and dined you, pleaded and cajoled until I can't take it anymore.  We have rejoiced and cried and now I have to end it all.  I think it is best if you just go quietly and no one will get hurt.  I'll keep in touch.

Dana

There have been times that I have been known to weigh myself 3-4 times per day.  This is not right and I need to stop obsessing over a number on the scale.  I keep the scale in my bathroom and I used to weigh first thing in the morning, then when I would take a shower and before I went to bed.  I told you it wasn't a good thing!    So, I'm moving the scale, putting it away and not going to weigh for a while.  I'll go by how my clothes fit and quit obsessing over the whole thing. 

I have a number stuck in my head that I think I should weigh.  Not sure that this is where my body should be, for all I know I am at the healthy weight I should be.  I am close to my goal and it seems that I can't get there and have weighed pretty much the same amount for more than a year. 

I think if I quit obsessing over a number, I will be happier, so goodbye scale.

Chalene Johnson, creator of Turbo Jam and Chalene Extreme and the soon to be released Turbo Fire said on facebook this week:

Be your best at your age and with your current situation. Trying to obtain a weight or a size you were long ago maybe unrealistic. Take joy in being you who are. God doesn't make mistakes, but we sometimes mistreat what he has made.

So, I am going to take this advice and be my best!


Discussion:  How often do you weigh yourself?  What are your thoughts about the scale?