Saturday, June 26, 2010

Family Fun Times!

Hopefully, you are going to take a little time today for some pampering. Enjoy it while you can!

Last weekend, we were at the lake. Madelyn had a great time in the water and we got some cute photos of her!! I hope you don't mind me sharing a couple. She's just so darn cute (sounds like every other grandparent in the world!!)








Jake forgot to bring shoes to swim in the lake with, this is what he came up with.  We were laughing so hard.  It reminded me of when the women in China would bind their feet to keep them small.  He was trying to walk in them, didn't do a very good job and his feet hurt afterwards!



I am in the mood for ice cream.  I am thinkingI will make some today.  I love the cookbook Vice Cream for the best vegan ice cream

Not sure what kind I will make, but I'll be sure to take some photos.  If you don't eat dairy - you should get this cookbook!  YUM!!!!!

I got some great looking squash and eggplant from a friend!  I'm going to make eggplant stacks.  I'll be posting the photos and the recipe on Monday!  Something to look forward to. We are also going to the Shrimp Boil today.  It is a fund-raiser for the local Y, it will be a lot of fun, Brian is helping with the cooking!