So many people begin a workout/diet plan and then a few days into it, get overwhelmed and start to slide and then before you know it, you just give up.
I have a few tips to help you stay on track:
1. SIGN UP FOR TEAM BEACHBODY. You can sign up for free at my Web site. Just click this link and you'll get access to message boards, support tools, an online gym to track your workouts, and more. Plus, you get support from me to help you stay on track. Click here to get signed up: Missouri Fit Club
2. CHECK OUT THE MESSAGE BOARDS. After you've signed up, head over to the message boards and check out the boards for the program you are choosing to do (P90X, Insanity, Turbo Fire, Slim in 6, etc). There should be a thread for people getting started, plus lots of other threads that answer questions about the program. Sometimes the trainers (Tony Horton, Shaun T, Chalene Johnson, Debbie Siebers) post there, too, and you can ask him/her questions.
3. TAKE YOUR “BEFORE” PICTURE. Believe me, this was my least favorite part of getting started. It's no fun, but you'll be seriously glad you did later. Make sure you get a shot of your whole body from the front, back, and both sides. And just wear shorts or a bathing suit. You don't have to show it to anyone. But when you've finished your program, you're going to be amazed how far you've come.
4. PLAN YOUR WORKOUT SPACE. You're going to need someplace with a TV and DVD player and plenty of room to move. Usually 6 feet by 6 feet is a good rule of thumb.
5. CLEAN OUT THE FRIDGE. You gotta dump the junk and make room for the healthy stuff.
6. GET YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS ON BOARD. Let everyone know you're making this huge decision for your health. You'll get their support, plus it'll keep you accountable.
So now you are ready, what do you stock your pantry with:
1) brown rice, quinoa and oatmeal
2) beans, lentils and tofu/tempeh
3) Green leafy veggies
4) veggies of all colors - think the rainbow here (broccoli, cauliflower, peppers, eggplant, tomatoes, squash and zucchini for example)
5) Fruit - whatever kind you like, get a wide variety
6) if you are a meat-eater, organic chicken and turkey, and fresh fish and organic eggs
7) balsamic vinegar, olive oil, coconut oil, natural peanut/almond butter
8) nuts (almonds, cashews, and walnuts) These need to be eaten in moderation.
To be ready to start your workout program you will need a good pair of sneakers. Get fitted for these, you will be so glad you did and your feet won't suffer! If you are in the Joplin area, I recommend The Run Around on Main Street. Any brand will work, make sure they fit well and change your shoes OFTEN. If you are working out daily, you need to change your shoes about every 3 months. Check out my Permission to Shop post on choosing good workout shoes.
Discussion: Do you have any good tips for staying on track?