Monday, July 5, 2010

Fit Club Monday - 4th of July edition!

We are just getting home from a fun weekend!  I am a little sunburned and a lot tired!  I love spending time with family and friends.  We had a GREAT 4th.  Great food, Brian made corn on the cob, potatoes and shrimp, I made some mac n cheese, kohlrabi, and fruit, and  Todd made his famous macaroni salad, Judy had some wonderful beer bread and Lisa made cookies and brownies!  It was such a good meal.  Something for everyone!






We hung out on the deck for a while and then loaded up the boat to watch the F-16 flyover and the fireworks.  Unfortunately, the flyover was canceled due to the weather.  Not sure if it was too windy or if it was rainy where they were flying in from.  We were a little disappointed, but the fireworks more than made up for it!

The girls got to para-sail finally this morning.  They loved it and we got some great photos of them!  It is so fun, I was wishing I could go again!



Tonight's fit club is once again Turbo Fire!  I am in love with this program.  It's like Turbo Jam and Insanity had a love child.  We are starting week 3 tonight!  I've had several cancel on tonight's workout, probably a little too much fun over the weekend or too sunburned to work out! If you'd like more info on how to purchase a copy of your own Turbo Fire, please email me or leave me a message!

Today's recipe is kohlrabi:

Take your kohlrabi - raw and slice it

spread the slices out in a dish and cover with extra virgin olive oil and spices. 

I used a spice blend and used quite a bit of it.  It was really tasty.  The kohlrabi is a bit peppery and spicy, but I really liked it.  I think it would be great in salads and soups.

Discussion:  did you try a new food from your local farmer's market this weekend?  If so, what did you try and how did you prepare it?