Monday, July 12, 2010

Love your workout, be happy!

Good Morning!  It's another Fit Club Monday!  Are you happy with your progress?  Are you happy with your workouts?  If you aren't it is up to you to change things up.  If you are not getting the results you want and you have been doing the same workout for months, change things up.  Do what you love, but you have to change things around to keep your workouts fresh and your body and muscles guessing!  I really believe that your attitude goes a long way towards your progress, so find a workout that you love.  If you don't love working out, you just haven't found the right one yet!  When you do, you will know it right away!  Working out gives you endorphins and will help you to be happier!



This also goes for your diet.  If you are at a plateau, then change up your meals.  Vary your calorie intake daily and see what happens.  Have more calories one day and considerably less the next.  Find where your body is happy and then get down to business!  This is called calorie shifting.  I really like using body bugg's website to keep track of my calories, (be sure to keep a food journal as well so you remember what you have eaten and input it at the end of the day or as you eat each meal), but sparkpeople.com is a free site you can use to keep track of your calories. 

If you are in my area, tonight it our Fit Club - 7 PM at my house.  Be sure to get in touch with me (email or on facebook or twitter) and I'll get you the info on how to attend!  There is no charge to come and workout with us each week and it is a great way to try some of the Beachbody workouts!  Trubo Fire is on the agenda tonight!  I am loving this workout.  It's everything I like, cardio, kickboxing, a little dance and resistance training, and can't forget the dreaded ab workout.  My abs hurt so bad after this week's ab routine!  Whew!  I love it!

Recipe:

Squash Casserole

One of my readers and good friend gave me this recipe!  It is tasty and I made just a few changes to it to make it dairy free!

Slice squash and zucchini and place in a greased pan


Add a layer of Daiya cheese ( or regular cheese if you eat dairy products )

Continue layering the squash and cheese and then sprinkle with bread crumbs ( the recipe calls for ritz crackers, I didn't have any!)



Bake covered with foil for 45 mins at 400 degrees F.  Uncover and let the top brown!



Enjoy!