Monday, August 6, 2012

Happy NRBFD!

Hey, did you know?  It's National Root Beer Float day.  I think there is a day for EVERYTHING!!!

So, in honor of NRBFD, I came up with a healthier version of a root beer float!  YAY!  I get to play too!

I made protein ice cream - vanilla!


in the ice cream maker


1 can coconut milk - the whole can
1/2 cup almond milk
1/4 cup agave nectar
2 tsp vanilla
1 scoop Sun Warrior Vanilla Protein Powder

Mix in blender and put in the ice cream maker and follow those directions for making the ice cream.



Then I used my Sodastream to make Natural Root Beer.



Put them together and what do you get?

A super yummy root beer float!



How can this be any better?  Sharing it with a friend right after a swimming pool workout and watching the Olympics while drinking.

Sounds pretty perfect to me!