Monday, August 13, 2012

Confession time...



I have to confess, I haven't felt like myself for a LONG time.  I'm guessing well over a year.  I don't know what is going on, just that I am exhausted.

For several months, I've even had to take a nap in the afternoons.  I've tried so many different things to give myself energy, but so far nothing really seems to work.

I had my blood work done, my B12 and vitamin D were low.  So I got B12 shots for 8 weeks, now I just get one per month and I am taking 10,000 IU of vitamin D and trying to get outside for a while each day.  This didn't seem to affect it in any way.  I was hoping that this was going to be the answer.

We've had a lot going on in our lives for the past year or so, but I wouldn't think that would cause this tiredness.

So, I'm plugging along, trying to stay away from sugar to get that energy rush, I can't do caffeine or I will have other issues, so I avoid it already. However I am addicted to chocolate decaf chai!  YUM!  I'm using the healthiest ingredients I know of, but it still isn't the best choice.

I'm still doing my workouts, eating healthy, taking my supplements and quite frankly, I'm at my wit's end with it.  I'm tired of being tired :)

So, I'm going to do some more research, have my blood work checked AGAIN and see if I can't figure this out.  I know that stress causes so many problems, but surely that isn't the only contributing factor.

If you have any ideas or info to share, please do so.  You can post it here or email me directly.  I'm always open to suggestions!

In the meantime, if I appear to be out of it or a little down in the dumps, tell me to SNAP OUT OF IT!  Please!

Please keep my neice's daughter, Lexi in your prayers.  She was diagnosed with diabetes yesterday after being rushed to the hospital with a blood sugar level of 600.  GEEZ!  She's only 7 and such a sweet little girl!  They will have a long road ahead of them to deal with this!