Tuesday, August 21, 2012

De-stressing Tip!

How do you de-stress?  Stress is such a huge part of all our lives.  Currently, I have a lot of stress in my life and so I am always looking for ways to spend my downtime.

For me, reading, taking baths, walking, spending time with my family, taking baths are all ways to de-stress.

Some times the stress just won't go away. I am in that position right now and my body is just not happy with me!  So, I am having to cut WAY back on exercise, make some dietary changes and try to get through this time without putting so much stress on my body.  It's HARD!

Today's Tuesday Tip is about baking soda baths.  There is nothing more relaxing than a nice soak in the tub and when you add in the baking soda, it makes your skin extremely soft and helps to alkalize your body.




Prepare your bath and let the water run for a while before you add your baking soda.  ( I buy the BIG bag at Sam's just for this reason!)  Add in 1-2 cups of baking soda to your bath water while the water is still running.  I recommend staying in for atleast 20 minutes to get the full benefits. You don't want to sit in the tub and sweat, so make sure your water is hot, but not too hot!  I also recommend a good book or some relaxing music.  Really take advantage of the time to relax and not worry about anything for a few minutes!

BIG Congratulations to the winners of The Vitamin D Cure books - Luanna and websitedesigndiva!

Please be sure to get me your mailing address so I can have the publisher send out your copies right away!  YAY!!




What is YOUR favorite way to de-stress?