Wednesday, August 15, 2012

For the LOVE of chai!

I am not a coffee drinker.  There I've said it, put it out there and my world didn't even come crashing down around me!  I LOVE the way coffee smells, wish I liked it even a little bit.... but, nope, can't stand the stuff.

I love the whole idea of holding the warm cup, mingling with friends over a cuppa joe, the whole deal.  I felt like I was missing out on so much UNTIL I discovered my love.....CHAI!

I'm part of you all now, I can drink it hot, blended, iced, even mocha....  I've tried it all ways and I love it!  Chai makes me happy!

So, I promised you my chocolate chai recipe and I am all about keeping my word!

I have used Tazo brand and the Oregon Chai brand.  The only reason I prefer the Tazo brand is because they make a decaf.... I don't do well with caffeine, but that is another story for another day!

I did not receive anything from Tazo, just professing my love....

First step is optional, but more fun...

Find a pretty friend to help out.



1 cup chai mix or brewed tea
1 cup milk of choice  - I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1-2 tbsp hot fudge sauce (click for recipe) or chocolate sauce of your choice



Mix all ingredients together and pour over ice or heat. Enjoy!



YUM!!!!  You can thank me later....

Now I just need to find a good vegan sweetened condensed milk recipe.  I'm on the hunt!