Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Summit Fun Recap!

One last post on the Beachbody Summit trip!  We had a blast!

I left on Wednesday, got to LA in the afternoon, met up with my friends:  Tina, Katie, Lisa, Jolene, and Dana.  We went to dinner at Rosa's and then met up with more friends......  hung out at The Farm for a while.  One thing I noticed about CA, they do NOT want to split up the bill.  I don't know what is up with that, but it sure makes it inconvenient for us customers (just sayin')....



Thursday, Day 2 was started off with team training.  We had the best day, learned all about our different behaviour types and how to interact with each other.  I learned that I am an Informal, flows with personality.  After our training, we had recognition.  As a Diamond coach, I received a very nice certificate and my invitation to next year's Women's Diamond Retreat in San Diego.

Thursday night was the Success Club Reception.  I had to qualify for Success Club in April and May to go to this party.  It was a blast.  Karoke, dancing, drinks, photos with the trainers and Carl Daikeler (CEO of Beachbody).  After the party, we were starving, so we went to dinner at the hotel.  Low and behold - look who was standing at the bar.

I know the photo is not the greatest, but how could you resist getting a photo of Matthew McConaughey. 

Friday, Day 3, the actual summit meetings started.  Sunrise workouts with Debbie Sierbers, Leandro  Carvalho, or Donna Richardson Joyner.  Shakeology breakfast, and the General Session.  The theme this year is End the Trend.  We learned about all kinds of things:


Team Beachbody won the Rising Star Award from the DSA for 2011.
Obesity costs a family $7500 per year.  AND our children have a shorter life span for the first time.
P90X App is coming - SOON!
Dr. Mark Cheng is coming out with a tai chi workout
More Rev Abs workouts coming soon
21 day detox
New Team Beachbody site features - Wowy facelift , sharing your workouts on facebook, suggested buddies, sharing online groups with facebook
Coach Training Academy
Success Club Challenge
Summit 2012 - Vegas, baby!
The General Session ended with Marlee Matlin.  "Courage plus dreams equals success"

We had lunch and then the breakout sessions - I attended the Prospecting for Success with MJ Durkin and Expanding your Business in the hispanic community.

Another workout session this time choosing from Tony Horton, Shaun T, Chalene Johnson or Brett Hoebel.

Then that night we had the  Diamond Reception held at the Conga Room at LA Live.  This party is for all Diamond and above coaches.  Talk about fun!  Dancing and chatting the whole night.

Day 4 began with a Super Workout with all the trainers!  Nothing like working out with 2500 of your closest friends!  The meetings got started with a talk from Chalene Johnson.  She is a wonderful motivator and has the best energy! "Before you can improve the world, you have to improve who you are" Then we had a speaker, Joe Thomas from Ninety-Five 5.  He was really good!  

We then went to the breakout sessions, I LOVED the Shakeology session with Isabelle Daikeler, Darin Olien and Dr. Bill Wheeler.  This was my favorite session of all.  I learned so much!  Shakeology has 100% of label claim with a 2 year shelf life.  No corners are cut and I love that about this product!!  I then went to the social media training, also good!

Saturday night we had the Dinner Reception and then the Celebration and afterparty.  This was another great night and 2 people were chosen as the body transfomation stories and won $25,000 EACH!!!!  Such amazing stories and it was a good night.  The only drawback for me was I was getting texts from Brian about the storms going through and I was so worried and nervous and actually felt a little guilty for being away.  So, I got over it once I  knew that everything was okay, just power outages and some really STRONG winds!

We danced the night away again, my feet were killing me and I changed out of my fancy dress and shoes and went the comfy route for half the night!

Sunday, Day 5 was the last day.  More info including the P90X2 info!  I am so excited for this workout, 14 new workouts, 5 day workout week plan and a meal plan that includes vegan and vegetarian options as well a paleo. Beachbody has outdone themselves this time!   As sad as I was to see it end, I was also ready to come home!  My head is exploding with TONS of info and so ready for some of these new products to come out!

We spent the evening packing and getting ready to come home, but managed to have time for dinner with friends at Trader Vic's!





It was a great trip and I can't wait for the next one!!

So, I have photos to put with this, but I have been messing with this all morning long and no matter what I do, I can't get them added.  I'll keep trying.

Discussion:  Have you had any GREAT trips lately?