Thursday, June 2, 2011

My favorite helper!

Wow! What a couple of days!  We have been meeting ourselves coming and going! 

Wednesday, we had Miss Madelyn and it was good to be in a somewhat normal routine.  She tagged along as we made a few food deliveries and kept us in laughs.  Not only is she bossy, but she is funny!!  She's my favorite helper!


She thought it was really funny that she could put her feet on the back of our seats.  She was pretty proud of herself!!

We have met with our insurance company on the rental properties.  All I can say is that if you are thinking of changing to a new insurance company - Columbia is THE one to go with!  They have treated us with the most respect and understanding and very promptly.  I have heard so many horror stories already and I'm sure there will be more to come.  We have been paid in full for the 3 total losses and the 1 house that is being repaired.  All within 1 week.  Can you ask for anything more?  I think not!

I've been posting interesting photos on my Feeling Fit with Dana facebook page.  I am not going to post any more photos of the damage and sadness, I'm just posting things I find interesting.  Today's photo is Spiderman in the tree with the flags flying!  LOVE it!


And if you didn't know, President Obama came to town.  We made the mistake of getting out in town and got stuck, could not get home because the motorcade was coming through.  So, we made the best of it:

Forgive the no makeup and bags under the eyes, we are worn slick!

 The beginning of the motorcade, I couldn't even begin to count how many motorcycle cops went by.

 The President is in there somewhere......

Traffic backed up FOREVER!

We finally made it home, we've been working like crazy, helping out as much as we can and just trying to recover!