Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Being good ain't so easy

This weekend was a tough one!  First of all, the internet at the lake is so sporadic, I couldn't upload any photos, so I just decided to wait and post here after I got home!

We had a GREAT weekend, but sticking to my Ultimate Reset plan was a bit harder than I thought it would be, but I DID IT!  Being good ain't so easy!

This was the sky on our sunset cruise. Absolutely beautiful!


Friday morning we started off with a canoe trip on the lake.  Don't worry, we didn't go very far, but we had a good time.  Brian and I didn't even fall in!!  We did go longer than the last time and I felt it a little on Saturday!

Jake and Morgan canoed over the weekend too, Hurley couldn't stand that they had gone without him, so he just followed along....  They stopped and put him in the boat, poor guy!

Friends came on Saturday and we spend the majority of the day just hanging out on the deck.  Our deck is perfect for a lot of people to hang out!  Brian enjoyed his new chair, I enjoyed a nap in the hammock and there was a LOT of good conversation.  We also had a good boat ride and the girls enjoyed themselves too!

Brian didn't have any problem taking this group of beautiful girls out on the boat!

Working hard or hardly working?????
Better yet, why are we working at the lake????

 Sunday, more people came and we had a cookout.  This is where things got a little harder.  If you read my blog often, you know how much I LOVE my chips, salsa and guac.  I didn't have ANY!  Instead I drank my water and stuck with the plan.  I prepared my food ( there is a LOT of that in the UR) but otherwise it wasn't so hard.

Sunset cruise - laid back lake life!



My dear friend Lisa!
   

The only off-plan menu item I had was adding some fresh watermelon or strawberry to my lime water.  It was so refreshing.

I took fresh watermelon, stevia drops, lime and a touch of apple juice or water and added it to my lime water.  Super easy to do.  I mixed it all up in the Ninja, added ice to make it slushy and  - VOILA - similar to a margarita, but no alcohol!  It made it easier to be around everyone else enjoying their adult beverages!  For the cookout, I just made extra succotash and steamed kale for everyone to try and enjoy.  They were both good and a few even asked for recipes!  I'd say that is a good thing!

Yesterday was another lazy morning, we left late morning to head to the hospital to see my mother-in-law.  She is doing as well as can be expected.  We did attend an Alzheimer's meeting on Friday and it was a bit of an eye-opener.  Please keep her in your prayers!  I'd so appreciate it.

When we got home the kids were all hanging out at the pool and having a good time.  I got to see my Mads and of course the kids, so it was a good time!  They were having sno-cones and Madelyn was purple...  she really enjoyed hers!

This is some of my food from the weekend, I did take photos of all the meals, but I'm not going to post them all.


Big salad and squash soup

Succotash and steamed kale

Fruit plate for breakfast 


Week 2 is over and I am down another 2 1/2 lbs and another 2 inches.  Total loss so far - 5 lbs and 4 inches and 1 1/2% body fat.  That may not seem like much to anyone, but I am at my goal weight now and my body fat % has been stuck for 3 years.  So this is HUGE for me!

I'm loving it - I guess being good ain't so easy, but being good is paying off!!