Thursday, March 31, 2011

if it makes you healthy......

You all know how much I LOVE cookbooks.  I have a bit of an addiction to them.  The latest one to be added to my library is no exception. 

I knew I had to have this one for a couple of reasons.  It refers to eating with the seasons.  I love that, it is from Sheryl Crow, love her music and her health story, and it had a recipe I HAD to try.

Sweet Green Chili Corn Muffins

I'm a sucker for corn muffins.  Don't know what it is about corn muffins that I enjoy so much, but I think it has something to do with the ultimate search for a cornbread recipe that is like my Grandma's.  I've looked high and low for one and never found it.  There is hope for me yet to find it, I'm not giving up. 

This one is good, not like my Grandma's but still really good!






They are different from your typical corn bread, I really liked them, Brian not so much.  But, he likes his cornbread sweet and no green chilies!

I'm still on the search for the mexican cornbread that I remember Grandma making, but it's always a lot of fun to try the recipes!

The cookbook has more than vegan recipes.  Just in case you are a carnivore :)

Discussion:  Is there a food that you remember from your childhood that you wished you could make?