Thursday, November 11, 2010

accountibility partners

I have found that we all need accountibility to stay on track.  Do you have an accountability partner?  Do you have someone that is in your corner and will call you out when you are not doing what needs to be done?  If not, you need to get one right away. 



How do you pick an accountability partner?

Choose the right person.  I think you should look for someone that has the same goals/ideas as you, usually someone of the same gender works best, choose someone that will stick with you and let you know when you are not following your plan.  Don't choose a "yes man", get someone that will challenge you.

Be specific when you are telling your partner what you are trying to accomplish.  Tell them exactly what you will be needing from them and how you want to be held accountable.  If you want to work out 3 times per week, make sure they know what days you plan to workout, let them ask you if you did your job for that day.



Be honest.  If you mess up, own up to it.  It's not the end of the world, but you would only be lying to yourself. 

Put your goals in writing.  Put them where you will see them everyday.  I really encourage you to make a dream board.   I make one every year and it sits on my fireplace mantel.  This way I see it everyday, plus I started keeping my daily journal in my dream notebook.  I look at it everyday too.  I know what I am working towards.



Have fun! Working out is always more fun with a friend or a group that is supportive and cheering you on!  You are more apt to stick with it when it is fun!

 

Put your money where your mouth is - If you want to really succeed and have your partner hold you to it, then put a little money on it.  Have a winning pot for the person that reaches their goals first or if you don't stick with your plan, you have to pay.  Anythng that is going to make you stick with your plan or get to your goal is going to work.  If it hits your pocketbook, it may make you work a little harder!  Doesn't have to be a lot of money, just a little works!

In order to get the results we want, we have to work for them.  Post on the message boards  and I will help you reach your health/fitness goals if you don't have a partner, or you may find one there as well!  Great group of people on the boards!

Discussion:  Do you have an accountability partner?  How has it helped you?