Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Function Drinks

I have been so excited to try Function Drinks. Function Drinks have a line of physician created beverages that are geared towards losing weight, increasing energy and detoxing.

From their website:

Light Weight helps curb sugar cravings and boosts your metabolism.

Urban detox helps to support healthy lungs and sinuses and aids liver cleansing. It can also be a hangover remedy.

Alternative Energy provides sustained time release energy up to 6-8 hours.

Function Drinks come in many flavors. The most popular in our house was Blueberry Raspberry and Peach Mango, and Acai Grape.

The drinks are not heavy, they taste good and my sons loved them. Nick, Jake and Chase immediately tried them and Nick has been back for several more tries :) I caught him opening them up to smell them to see if he wanted to taste them. Luckily, I was able to stop him before he got them all opened. He has loved just about all of them. We had guests over for dinner on Sunday and the girls saw them and wanted to try a couple. Caroline loved the acai pomegrante and Camille enjoyed the acai grape! My favorite was the Citrus Prickly Pear. It was just a little sweet and tangy at the same time! Brian liked the Strawberry Guava!

I like the fact that these are physician developed. I also like feeling that some research was done and thought was actually put into it. Many of the vitamin drinks have been done and done again.

According to the website, Function Drinks seal means that they are comitted to:

Producing products that reflect our latest understanding health, science and physiology.
Constantly evaluating and updating our products to reflect health innovations or breakthroughs.
Developing products founded in mainstream, proven clinical science

Creating products with the highest quality natural ingredients used by doctors everyday.

You can try these and know that you are getting a good tasting alternative to water. Water is my go-to drink as always, but every now and again I like something with a little flavor.

Be advised that the Light Weight drinks do have artificial sweeteners in them. I try to avoid this as much as possible. so, just be aware.

Many celebrities are fans of this drink: Lauren Conrad, Madonna, Fergie and Drew Barrymore are just a few!

Check out the funtion blog. Lots of great tips and you can even sign up for the 30 tips in 30 days! Have them delivered directly to your inbox.
I have 4 bottles (unopened!) to give away to one lucky reader!

To enter:

Head over to Function Drinks and tell me what flavor you'd like to try!

Extra entries:
1) Become a follower of my blog, leave me a comment!

2) Tweet or facebook about this giveaway: I hope I win the @FunctionDrinks giveaway from @Danamoritz - http://www.feelingfitwithdana.com/

3) Become a fan of Function Drinks on facebook

4) Become a follower of Function Drinks on twitter

You must do the original entry to get the extra entries! Winner will be chosen on April 2 by random.org. The winner will have 48 hours to respond to my email. If I don't hear back, then a second chance drawing will be held. Be sure to leave me a way to email you!