Thursday, October 11, 2012

Princess vs Tomboy

Madelyn couldn't decide if she wanted to be a princess or a tomboy yesterday!  We watched Tangled (again), sang princess songs and made applesauce.  We went to see Uncle Nick at work ( he needed his Mads fix) and then played outside.  Gathering leaves, jumping in them and climbing the big, steep wall outside and playing King of the Stump.   I think it was the perfect balance between princess and tomboy!

Collecting leaves

Jumping into the pitiful pile of leaves.  Even Nona got in on the fun!

Beautiful!


Cooking Challenge - Day 10
The applesauce is wonderful.  The whole house smelled like fall!

Slow Cooker Applesauce from Taylor Made Wellness (online)


After Madelyn left, Brian and I decided to go out amongst them!  We went for a quick massage, got dinner (sushi - yeah!) and then shopped for Brian some new jeans.  I am sorry to report that Brian is a little behind the times and was not able to find his beloved carpenter jeans.  I told him they just weren't in style anymore, he doesn't care. LOL!  So, we are still on the hunt!

All in all, a GREAT day!

I think today I'll work on the balance between my inner princess and my inner tomboy!