Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas!

I love Christmastime!  It seems to me that people are just a tad bit nicer, most people are a tad bit happier and it always includes family for us!



Yesterday, Brian's family came over, we had a big feast.  I kept it pretty easy this year, sandwiches, veggie tray and corn chowder.  Of course, there were sweets - Brian's sister Lisa brought some wonderful cookies and cranberry bread and I made a pumpkin pie.  It was also my baby brother's birthday!  When I was growing up, we always celebrated Christmas on Christmas day since Christmas Eve was Daryl's birthday.  That was HIS special day!

The kids got to open presents and Madelyn loved her new dolls.  She named one of them Susie Lou at Brian's suggestion.... the other two are unnamed as of right now. Nick had something in his eye and had to go to urgent care, Stephanie and Cassie's kids were sick and they didn't get to come.  We were sad to miss them for sure. Everyone had to leave to go to other celebrations, so Brian and I just hung out.

Today, Mom and Dad are coming, the kids will all be back and we will open presents, have another wonderful feast and just enjoy being together!  That is my favorite part!

Merry Christmas to you and your family.  I pray that you are blessed beyond your wildest dreams!!

Thank you to each and every one of you that reads what I have to say.  I really do appreciate you!

Merry Christmas!