Friday, May 6, 2011

Busy, Crazy Days!

Wow, it's been a crazy couple of days.  It seems that is how my life is going these days.  It's all good, but whew, I'm worn out!

I ended up meeting my father-in-law and nephew for a great lunch yesterday, then had some errands to run. Got in the door just in time to turn around and head out with Brian for a quick trip and then back home to watch Madelyn for the evening.  She was in rare form and was on the go NON-STOP!  She didn't even want to slow down to eat. 



Since it was Cinco de Mayo, we had a Mexican feast! 

We couldn't let the day go by without a margarita.  Skinnygirl style with my twist - strawberries and a couple drops of stevia - YUM!






Then we had chopped salad tostadas.  Double YUM!



I might have had 3!!

Brian added chicken to his, I rolled with the vegan version!



The Chopped Salad is one of my favorite recipes from Marilu Henner's Healthy Holidays book.  If you don't have this book, grab one today!  It's one I go to all the time!  Of course, I love all her books, but for holidays and entertaining, this is a MUST!!

Madelyn finally wore herself out and laid down, not long enough to go to sleep before Mommy and Daddy got there, but Nona had to lay down with her.

It was a great day!