Saturday, January 9, 2010

Random posting!

Today is Jake's birthday. He's the baby of the family! Don't tell him I said that, he'd probably get really mad! He is 19 today! I can't believe that. Really. It just seems like yesterday that he was a toddler running around asking for a wittle weiner dog name Petwie. He had a problem saying his R's and L's, but it was sooo cute. He never got his little weiner dog, but he does have a cute dog - Roxy. Jake graduated from high school and has been working in construction, picking up jobs when he can. He came home (he just moved back in) and told us that he is going to go to firefighter academy. We are so excited for him. I think he will LOVE it! Classes 3 nights per week and all day on Saturday. He'll be able to work and attend school. Sounds like a good plan to me! Happy Birthday Jake! I love you!



We went to see Avatar last night. It was sooo good. I had decided that I wasn't going to go. It was so expensive since you have to purchase the 3-D glasses with your ticket. I'm a cheapskate when it comes to movies. $10.50 for the matinee was just crazy. BUT, our friends called and said they wanted to go and I'm always up for fun with Craig and Hermina! So, we met them at the show and I am so glad that we went. It is worth every penny. People even appluaded at the end of the movie. We went to dinner afterwards and had some good food too! I had pasta with Spicy Marinara and a side salad with no cheese! I did have a little of the bread, but I'm okay with that!

Just look at how great we looked with our glasses!




3 comments:

  1. Hey they look like ray bans...not bad. Hope your lad has a special day...although birthdays are always special in themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics! the glasses make your eyeballs look sooo big. Your face is so small, the glasses remind me of clown glasses. I'm sure you guys had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm newbie here, I hope to get friends at this forum

    ReplyDelete