Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A little fun

We had a fun Halloween at our house.  The evening started off with a visit from my very favorite pirate! 


We gave her a Tinkerbell movie and some fruit snacks, but somehow she managed to raid the candy too!  She was a little wound up when she was leaving :)

Because it was Monday, Brian's poker night, he went off to play with the boys and I got to hand out our candy by myself.  Yes, I handed out candy.  I've tried other things - raisins, pretzels and even quarters (they were a hit, but it was just too expensive), and I've seen the disappointment on the faces.  So, I am back to candy.  I'll just have to deal with it, however the kids were happy! 

We had a Spongebob, thing one and thing two ( I so wish I had taken their photo - adorable twin girls - a little over a year old) and then of course my favorite SpiderMan....


This is my friend Cole, he broke his elbow a couple of weeks ago and is a huge Spiderman fan!  His mom decorated his cast and it looks just like his costume.  I told him I loved his muscles - he was very happy!!

As the night went on the trick or treaters got older and the costumes less.  So I turned off the light after my gangster stopped by to say hello.  He went up to visit the poker buddies and came back down a few dollars richer! He was also happy!!!

I've started a new very quick morning workout - I'm posting it here and you can join in the fun with me if you want.

Do this 5 days per week when you first get up in the morning: -repeat this cycle 2x:
50 jumping jacks
5 pushups
20 sit ups
20 mountain climbers
30 second plank
7 burpees (used to be called squat thrusts)
 total body
I have done this the last two mornings.  My arms are sore and my booty is feeling it too!  Today I logged it with the fitbit, it took me 11 minutes to do it twice including stretching before and after and a little cool down walk around.  I burned 57 calories and took 431 steps!  
Let me know if you give it a try!