Thursday, December 16, 2010

I dip, you dip, we dip!

It's that time of year, lots of parties and fun going on. This means that we are eating and drinking and having fun!  That is always good, but how do you balance that out with your healthy eating plans? 

I like to make my party treats a little healthier so I can enjoy the same things as everyone else, but have a little less guilt!



One of my favorite treats is Pretzel Crisps.  I love these!  They are tasty, have less calories than other chips and are great for dipping!  They are always a hit at our parties!


The everything flavor is my favorite, but they are all GREAT!  I like that the crisps are sturdy enough to withstand the dips!  I don't like the chips that break off.  If I'm going for it, I want a full dip!



I like to use the Knorr Vegetable Spinach dip recipe, but I have tweaked it a little.  I use tofu and veganaise instead of the sour cream and the mayo.  It tastes so good and no one knows the difference.  Hummus and crisps are also another one of my favorites.

There are so many great sounding recipes from Pretzel Crisps at their website.  Head over and check them out. 

CRANBERRY HOLIDAY DIP


- 8 oz cream cheese (softened)
- zest of one orange
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans

Blend first five ingredients with mixer until well mixed and “fluffy.” Stir in cranberries and pecans. Refrigerate at least 1 hour. Can be rolled into a log or ball and coated with additional chopped pecans before refrigerating for more decorative serving. Serve with Pretzel Crisps®.

I love the pairing ideas.  I love having soy cream cheese and the salmon on the everything crisp.  So tasty!  Hummus with some olive tapenade on the original is good, salsa is also another good option.  The options are endless, so be sure to use these in your next party!
 
I definitely think I'm going to have to try these bad boys:
 
 
 
I buy the big bag from Sam's, but the wonderful Pretzel Crisp people provided me with the sample bags shown above for a review.
 
Check out Pretzel Crisps on facebook and twitter.