Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Exercise Plateau's

Everyone has hit the dreaded plateau. How do you overcome it? I have found that if I back off the exercise for a few days (no more than 1 week), then hit it hard again, it helps me break through the plateau.

Diet is key to losing weight. Exercise is another very important part of the process. You must burn more calories than you take in. Most times, this is easier said than done. Since I've gotten the Bodybugg, I've found that I eat more than I thought and move less than I thought! UGH! My weight is staying steady, but I'd like to lose those last 5 lbs.

Eat foods that are high in fiber, whole grains, fruits and veggies for the best results. Weight lifting will turn fat to muscle and muscle as we all know burns more calories. Cardio helps to burn off the fat. A nice balance of diet, cardio and weight lifting will get the best results.

Here are some great tips from Beachbody on breaking through the plateau: