Good Morning! It's Monday again and that means it's another Fit Club Monday! I will be traveling today and unable to hold class tonight. I'll be getting my workout done first thing this morning and out of the way - over and done. I like that best. Getting it done first thing means I don't try to come up with some excuse or life just gets in the way. I highly recommend you do the same. You will feel better, have more energy throughout the day and knowing that it is done is a great feeling!!
Take a moment to watch this video and if you see something you'd like more info on, just let me know.
Today's recipe comes from The Eat Clean Diet Recharged by Tosca Reno. I love this cookbook. It is full of info as well as great recipes. The Recharged version is better in my opinion, more vegetarian recipes!! I love that, it even has a vegan meal plan for a week. If you want to try this way of eating, this is a GREAT plan. Go ahead and try it, you will love it! The cookbook also includes: gluten free meal plan, family meal plan, and Cooler 1 and 2 plans. It even gives you the grocery list. So easy.
Sweet Potato Oat Bars
The Eat Clean Diet Recharged! by Tosca Reno
1 tbsp olive oil
5 sweet potatoes, washed an dtrimmed of fibers (potatoes should be the same size)
4 cups oats ( the 3-5 minute kind)
3/4 cup skim milk (or soy, rice or almond) soured with 1 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 cup finely ground flaxseed
1/2 cup maple syrup (use the 100% maple syrup, not Aunt Jemima)
2 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
2 Tbsp coconut butter ( also known as coconut oil)
1/2 cup dried fruits (raisins, dates, cherries and/or blueberries) chopped
1/2 cup raw unsalted nuts (almonds, walnuts and/or pecans) chopped
pinch sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a 9"x13" (1"deep) baking dish by coating lightly with olive oil.
2. Prick sweet potatoes all over. Place in oven and bake until tender. Remove from oven and let cool. When cool enought to handle, remove potatoe peels and place flesh in large mixing bowl. Leave oven on and set heat to 400 degrees F.
3. Add all remaining ingredients to sweet potato mixture. Mix well.
4. Press into prepared baking pan. Bake for 30-35 mins or until golden on top.
5. Remove from heat and let cool. Cut into squares.
Nutritional Value Per Serving: Calories 189, Calories from Fat 43, Protein 6g, Carbs 31g, Total Fat 5.5g, Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g, Fiber 4g, Sodium 20 mg, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sugar 8g