Friday, July 24, 2009

When the weather gets hotter, I like to eat more salads. It's just a light, yet satisfying meal. I don't have to cook and get the kitchen hot and I love to make my own salad dressings. I like not having any ingredients that I don't want or am unsure how to pronounce in them.

I came across this cookbook a year or so ago. The dressings in it are so good.

Raw Food Life Force Energy by Natalia Rose

Sweet Chili-Lime Dressing
Makes 1 1/2 - 2 cups
1 cup fresh - squeezed lime juice
4 packets stevia
1/4 cup agave nectar
1 tsp minced serrano chili
1 tbsp chopped garlic
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup cold-pressed olive oil
Blend all of the ingredients, except the oil until smooth. Then blend in the oil a little at a time to emulsify it and keep it from separating. Keeps in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.

Raspberry - Balsamic Dressing
Makes about 1 1/2 cups
1/2 cup fresh respberries
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
5 packets Stevia
1/4 cup pure maple syrup or agave nectar
Salt and pepper to taste
Blend all ingredients until smooth. Keeps in the refrigerator for about 3 days.

What is your favorite way to top salads? Any favorite ingredients for you salad?