We are having the strangest weather this summer. It has been rainy and cool. We didn't even have the air conditioner on this last weekend. I had to take a sweater with me to the Shrimp Boil this weekend. Very unlike the hot midwest summers we are so used to.
Brian and I have been very blessed to be so busy this summer. Both of us are seeing growth in our businesses. However, we haven't had the opportunity to be at the lake as much as we would like. I am looking forward to the next time we get to go (probably not for 2 more weeks!)
I have a few favorite products that I'd like to share with everyone.
Things I can't live without:
1) Vita-Mix - I use this every day. I make my shakeology smoothies, soups, nut butters, you name it and it will do it. It is worth every penny!!
2) Shakeology - I am loving this stuff. It tastes good, I have more energy and I love knowing that I am getting all the nutrients each day that my body needs.
3) Mychelle sunblock - This stuff is really good! I use it every morning and so far, no sunburns. It isn't greasy and it rubs in easily.
4) Flip Camcorder - this thing is so much fun! Brian and I have been taking fun videos. No, not that kind of videos LOL!! It is just the right size to fit in my purse and it is so easy to use.
5) Yes to Carrots - I know that I have mentioned this before, but I really love the shampoo and conditioner. When I was in Memphis, I forgot to bring my moisturizer. We ran into Walgreens and I saw the Yes to Carrots facial moisturizer. Now, I'm hooked on it. You really should check it out.
6) Vegan with a Vengenance - by Isa Chandra Moskowitz - This is one of my all-time favorite cookbooks. When I first got it a long time ago, I didn't think I'd use it much. I use it all the time and highly recommend it to everyone - even my meat eating friends are loving the recipes.
7) WOWY - the online super gym - This little tool from Beachbody keeps me on track and working out. It's so much fun to see who else is working out with you, have a chance to win up to $1000 or ipods, cameras or camcorders. It's just a little more incentive to keep those workouts going.
8) facebook - okay, I'm addicted to facebook!! It's a lot of fun to stay in touch with friends and make new friends as well. If you are on facebook and we aren't friends, please look me up!!! If you aren't on it yet, give it a try. Hopefully, you won't get addicted to it like me, but I bet you will!!
9) homemade lemonade - a facebook friend posted this recipe and I'm loving it! Juice 2 lemons, add 24-32 oz water and stevia to taste. Serve over ice! I found some vanilla creme stevia and it is really good in the lemonade. I also made this with limes. YUM!!!!!
10) fresh produce! This is the part of summer that I love the most! All the fresh fruit and veggies available. There is nothing better than homegrown tomatoes, fresh corn, green beans, new potatoes, zucchini and squash, peppers, oh I could go on all day. I'm eating as much as I can and then I plan to freeze as much as I can as well. I am so thankful to my friends for bringing me and letting me pick my own veggies!! You guys rock!!!
Maple Mustard-Glazed Potatoes and String Beans - Vegan with a Vengenance
2 lbs small yukon gold potatoes, halved
1/2 lb string beans, halved, ends cut off and discarded
1 yellow onion, thickly sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
3 tbsp dijon mustard
2 tbsp olive oil
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
Place all the vegetables in a 9x13 inch casserole dish. In a mixing bowl, stri togeth all the other ingredients until the mustard is dissolved. Pour over the vegetables and mix well until everything is coated. Cover with foil andplace in oven. Bake for 25 mins. Remove from oven and toss everything; use a spoon to drip the sauve over the veggies. Turn oven down to 250 degrees F and cook for 25 mins uncovered. Remove from oven, toss again, cokk for 25 more mins uncovered. These are especially yummy served at room temperature, with some of the remaining sauce poured over them.
What are some of your favorite things right now?