If you haven't figured it out yet, I love cookbooks. I love to read them and look through them and of course, make the food in them!
Recently I picked up a copy of Mariel's Kitchen Simple Ingredients for a Delicious and Satisfying Life by Mariel Hemingway. I really like this one. It is easy to read, the recipes are easy to follow and the food is good. I won't be using all the recipes because some of them do have meat/dairy in them. Mariel breaks up the recipes into seasons. Right now my favorite recipe is:
Poached Eggs on Wilted Greens
1 tsp white wine viengar
12 large eggs
3 tbsp water
2 heads escarole, or 2 bunches Swiss chard or baby spinach coarsely chopped
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 plum tomatoes, cut into small sedges or diced
1. Fill a pot with 2 inches of water. Add vinegar and bring to a light simmer over med heat.
2. Begin gently cracking the eggs, one at a time, closely into the pot. (do these in batches of 3 to be sure not to overcrowd the pot).
3. Once the white begins to set up, but the yolks are still soft and runny, carefully remove each egg with a slotted spoon and set aside in a warm area.
4. Place 3 tsp of water in a large saute pan with the greens. Heat until barely wilted (the warm eggs will wilt the greens more).
5. Season greens with salt and pepper, drain slightly to remove excess liquid and divide the greens onto 6 individual plates. Place tomato wedges around the plate or sprinkle the diced tomatoes on top.
6. Top each plate with 2 poached eggs and serve.
7. As an option, add turkey and/or veggie sausages.
Give it a try. So yummy! I made mine in a smaller batch, but still very good!!
Mariel's other book is also very good. (Healthy Living from the Inside Out.) I really agree with her in that we all need a little silence in our lives. I am turning off the tv and doing fun things and also working my Beachbody business more and spending time with the family. It just makes sense to me to accomplish something instead of mindlessly watching tv for 3-4 hours each night.
I have set aside a space in my bedroom that I can spend some quiet time every day. This is the perfect time for me to pray, meditate and just be still.
Create your own space and begin spending some time in silence each day and see how it affects you.