Saturday, August 15, 2009

2 Weeks Under Our Belt!!

I have really had a lot of time to ponder things these days and with Brian's accident my mind continues to replay events over and over. I feel so bad for Brian that he remembers every second of what happened to him and that he is re-living it over and over. We are celebrating the fact that 2 weeks are under our belts and that is a good thing. Brian has improved so much during these 2 weeks. When the accident first happened, I fully expected him to be in the hospital for at least 2 weeks if not longer. He is a strong person and was pretty healthy to begin with, so I think that it has helped his recovery tremendously.



When Brian has his gallbladder incident back in 1996 and was so sick and recovering, I never dreamed that we would have to go through all this again. We have learned a lot about ourselves and how strong our marriage is and how much we truly love each other. We can get through anything. Our lives changed so drastically after that with regards to health. Brian became a diabetic from the gallbladder surgery and the injury to his pancreas and we had to change the way we thought about diet. As the years progressed, I learned so much more about health and diet and exercise.

Brian and I are both Beachbody coaches and while I am much more passionate about it and more invovled than he is, I truly believe that this is contributing to his quick recovery.

Brian is a huge fan of the Shakeology and the nutritional supplements. Because of the car accident when he was 16, Brian is limited in his workouts. Brian usually walked everyday, but he did stretch and yoga Beachbody workouts and a few weight lifting (Power 90 or P90X). I think all of this is helping him to recover. I shudder to think of where we would be if he hadn't been doing some type of exercise, healthy eating and the nutritional supplements.

Brian is missing his Shakeology. Since he can't take anything with vitamin K ( he is on coumadin to prevent blood clots), he is having to use protein shakes and he doesn't like them at all. We will be glad when he can get back to our normal routine with Shakeology. It really does help to control his blood sugar.

So, if you are not doing any type of exercise and eating fast food or processed food daily, I implore you to re-think what you are doing. You never know when something will change in your life and you will need to be in the best shape you can be in. Please contact me for ideas to help you reach your fitness/health goals. It is so important.

One of my favorite music groups is 33 Miles. I love their song One Life to Love. I think the chorus of this song is so appropriate for this situation.

You only get just one time around, you only get one shot at this
One chance to find out the one thing that you don’t wanna miss
One day when it’s all said and done I hope you see that it was enough
This one ride, one try, one life to love

Please don't let your one chance pass you by!!