Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Epic Pudding Fail!

I tried my hand at making chia seed pudding.  The recipe looked good, sounded good and it is healthy for you too.  Why wouldn't I want to make it?

Find the recipe and photos here!  from An Edible Mosaic






So, I whipped up a batch fairly quickly.   I followed the instructions and let it sit and stirred it.  I waited the couple of hours required and still had a soupy mix.  So I stirred and let it sit some more.  Like a few more hours.  Still soupy.  BUT, it tastes great.

So, I decide to add a few more chia seeds and see if it thickens up.  It did thicken a bit, but I'm going to have to claim this as an epic pudding FAIL!

At least it tastes good!!!

I've been trying a few new recipes and I think this is one I'll have to work on!

It's been a busy couple of days.  Haven't even had time for my  words with friends or song pop fun!  BOO!  Gonna have to fix that toot-sweet!!

I've been getting my 15 mins of sun every day (except when it was raining) and I'm hoping I'll be able to do that today before the snowstorm gets here.  This is nothing like Nemo,  this one is just a little guppy storm.  Maybe an inch or two.  But, that is all we need in my opinion.  I'm craving the beach, the sand between my toes, the sun shining brightly and the smell of the ocean!